Weekend Warriors
Weekend Warriors
an original superhuman rpg
Welcome
Hello and welcome to Weekend Warriors. We are an original superhuman roleplaying game. Our focus is on interesting and compelling stories, told with strong and diverse characters. We have been open for three years and are always willing to welcome newcomers to our site.

This site runs best on Google Chrome, and is not tested on IE.
Getting Started
Please register with your character's first and last name, using correct capitalization. Check out our face claims to see who has been used.

New here? Great! Check out our newbie guide. You'll also want to check in about our rules.
We've got site wide plots for our various member groups that you can dive right into.

Need help coming up with a character, check out our resources page, or see our wanted page for wanted characters.

Ready to apply? You'll need the Application.
Credits
Weekend Warriors was originally created by Terri / Dosymedia of RPG-D. Skin by Rosey / WinterSeaSpray of Shine. Color palette From Ashes by winterseaspray of Colour Lovers. Custom forum content was created by Black of Code. All content is the property of the poster. Copying, stealing or using content without the creator's permission is strictly forbidden. Beware the Agency is everywhere.
December 12 - Check out the update for new information!

October 17 - After the riots the other shoe drops.

October 14 - A riot breaks out downtown.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
MUTANT WATCH
CHAT

New Poll

Application
Creeper
 Posted: Jul 20 2010, 12:57 AM
Admin

N/A tall
N/A eyes
N/A years old
Admin
376 posts Written By Rosey

application
to formally introduce your character

To play at Weekend Warriors, you must fill out an application and be accepted. We recognize that different players have different methods and styles. To answer that we have two different applications to choose from.

The Traditional Application - Requires the standard information, such as personality, history, and appearance.

The Freeform Application - Has few required fields, though does require a clear description of the character's ability. This may be filled in in whatever manner suits the player, but avoid creating shorter versions of the former application. Freeform applications are meant to allow players to develop alternative applications that don't have fields. Appropriate applications would be diary entries, a first-person narrative, or a memory.

There is no set word minimum for either application, but the more information you give us, the more secure we may feel and ultimately the quicker we may come to a decision. Your application must provide a clear picture of the character you're submitting. If we feel your application does not accomplish this or that your character contradicts any part of the current or future plot, then we may ask for revisions until we are satisfied.

To apply, post a completed application in this forum with the character's first and last name as the title. If they are a canon, then specify which one in the topic description.

PMEmail
^
Creeper
 Posted: Jul 20 2010, 05:53 PM
Admin

N/A tall
N/A eyes
N/A years old
Admin

TRADITIONAL

CODE
[align=center][IMG]a photo of your character goes here, please do not exceed 500 px in height or width[/IMG]
[font=georgia][SIZE=15]first [i]middle[/i] last name [/SIZE][/font]
[font=lucida console][SIZE=3][i]member group[/i] -  [i]age[/i] / [i]birth date (month day, year)[/i] [/SIZE][/font][/align]

[b]appearance[/b] »[LIST][i]height[/i] » text here
[i]hair[/i] » text here
[i]eyes[/i] » text here
[i]skin[/i] » text here
[i]build[/i] » text here
[i]other[/i] » text here
[i]clothing[/i] » text here
[/LIST][b]ability[/b] »[LIST]Provide an explicit explanation of the character's ability, how it works, and how they discovered it. Please be realistic about their power. Assess the effects of their power on them, whether it be as simple as mental exhaustion or becoming physically disabled for lengthy periods of time.
[/LIST][b]personality[/b] »[LIST]Please give a detailed explanation of their personality.
[/LIST][b]background[/b] »[LIST]You may handle this however you would like, but you must include something.
[/LIST][b]likes[/b] »[LIST]( 2 items or more; provide a sentence explaining each )
[/LIST][b]dislikes[/b] »[LIST]( 2 items or more; provide a sentence explaining each )
[/LIST][b]desires[/b] »[LIST]( 1 item or more; provide a sentence explaining each )
[/LIST][b]fears[/b] »[LIST]( 1 item or more; provide a sentence explaining each )
[/LIST]

[QUOTE][align=center]Character's favorite quote, pick up line, or saying.[/align][/QUOTE]

[align=center][SIZE=15][font=helvetica][b][i]player name[/i][/b][/SIZE][/font]
[SIZE=3][i]age[/i] ||  [i]timezone[/i] [/SIZE]
[i]Characters[/i]: List other characters, if any.
[/align]

[QUOTE]Please provide one writing sample (preferably from a former role play) that does not exceed 600 words. If you do not have one, then write the introductory post for an open thread within Weekend Warriors' setting (if this is the case, then it may be of whatever length you choose). If you have a previously accepted character, then this section may be deleted.[/QUOTE]

ADMIN'S NOTE: You may add whatever decoration to the profile that you want to, but do not sacrifice readability. You may add additional fields as well. When you're done, post it in the Registration forum with the [b]FIRST NAME LAST NAME[/b] format in the title. If they're a requested character, place their title in the topic description.

[u]By posting your application you are stating that you fully understand the rules and will be responsible for them upon acceptance.[/u] Erase this note before you post.
PMEmail
^
Creeper
 Posted: Sep 20 2010, 03:33 AM
Admin

N/A tall
N/A eyes
N/A years old
Admin

FREEFORM

CODE
[align=center][IMG]A photo of your character goes here, please do not exceed 500px in height or width[/IMG]
[font=georgia][SIZE=15]first [i]middle[/i] last name [/SIZE][/font]
[font=lucida console][SIZE=3][i]member group[/i] -  [i]age[/i] /  [i]birth date (month day, year)[/i] [/SIZE][/font][/align]

This may be completed in whatever manner that suits you, but please do not create a shorter version of the traditional application. Freeform applications are meant to allow players to develop alternative applications that don't have fields. Appropriate applications are diary entries, a first-person narrative, a memory, and et cetera.

ability »[LIST]Provide an explicit explanation of the character's ability, how it works, and how they discovered it. Please be realistic about their power. Assess the effects of their power on them, whether it be as simple as mental exhaustion or becoming physically disabled for lengthy periods of time. If this explanation is woven into the above text then erase this.
[/list]

[font=georgia][align=center][SIZE=15][i]player name[/i][/SIZE][/font]
[SIZE=3][i]age[/i] || [i]timezone[/i][/SIZE]
[i]Characters[/i]:  List other characters, if any.
[/align]

[QUOTE]Please provide one writing sample (preferably from a former role play) that does not exceed 600 words. If you do not have one, then write the introductory post for an open thread within Weekend Warriors' setting (if this is the case, then it may be of whatever length you choose). If you have a previously accepted character, then this section may be deleted.[/QUOTE]

ADMIN'S NOTE: You may add whatever decoration to the profile that you want to, but do not sacrifice readability. You may also create additional fields. When you're done, post it in the Registration forum with the [b]FIRST NAME LAST NAME[/b] format in the title. If they're a canon, place their title in the topic description.

[u]By posting your application you are stating that you fully understand the rules and will be responsible for them upon acceptance.[/u] Erase this note before you post.
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG Directory Shadowplay Witches of Dathomir DC Unlimited All Things Roleplay Heroes: The RPG extraordinary Shine Beyond Human (already an aff plsupdate old link & button thanks) Gods Among Insects The Kids Are Alright Crawl Echo House Crusaders Citadel In Light of Shadow of Myth & Men