Weekend Warriors
Weekend Warriors
an original superhuman rpg
Welcome
Hello and welcome to Weekend Warriors. We are an original superhuman roleplaying game. Our focus is on interesting and compelling stories, told with strong and diverse characters. We have been open for three years and are always willing to welcome newcomers to our site.

This site runs best on Google Chrome, and is not tested on IE.
Getting Started
Please register with your character's first and last name, using correct capitalization. Check out our face claims to see who has been used.

New here? Great! Check out our newbie guide. You'll also want to check in about our rules.
We've got site wide plots for our various member groups that you can dive right into.

Need help coming up with a character, check out our resources page, or see our wanted page for wanted characters.

Ready to apply? You'll need the Application.
Credits
Weekend Warriors was originally created by Terri / Dosymedia of RPG-D. Skin by Rosey / WinterSeaSpray of Shine. Color palette From Ashes by winterseaspray of Colour Lovers. Custom forum content was created by Black of Code. All content is the property of the poster. Copying, stealing or using content without the creator's permission is strictly forbidden. Beware the Agency is everywhere.
December 12 - Check out the update for new information!

October 17 - After the riots the other shoe drops.

October 14 - A riot breaks out downtown.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
MUTANT WATCH
CHAT

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Until the Candles Burn Down This Place, February 19th, 2016 | Fay
Faria Gupta
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 06:50 PM
Surveillance

5'10" tall
hazel eyes
23 years old
Level Two
telepathy
232 posts Written By Paula

Billy's black didn't stay there like Max's white, but his thoughts had quietened some. They weren't as fast anymore.

There were memories in them again, but also candles and laughter and... monsters. The image of the patched up man felt suddenly familiar. It was a bit how she felt, wasn't it? She was made out of pieces that didn't fit together. Plastic limbs, injected powers, memories that belonged to someone else.

She didn't know how not to go backwards. She couldn't just be that monster, was that her fate?

"You're not that monster," she said. "You didn't change," she insisted. He had to see he was still Billy, even she could tell. "You can laugh and blow candles if you want." She could try to do those things but they didn't feel right anymore.

--------------------
PM
^
Billy Williams
 Posted: Dec 21 2016, 06:47 PM
Surveillance

5'7" tall
blue eyes
24 years old
Level Three
Invisibility, Density Manipulation
344 posts Written By Christy

Billy half-smiled. She had more faith in him than he had in himself. It was probably true vice versa as well. And it was nice not to feel alone, literally or in the struggle to reconcile identity with the insanity that was New Haven.

It was nicer to touch her and feel grounded. Even if it was through leather gloves.

"That's the thing... I could. I don't know if I want to." That was the catch-22. Accept the conditions and be happy with them, or know that it was wrong and be miserable.

Lots of people chose to make the best of it, to navigate the new order by going the path of least resistance. They tried to make a bad situation as comfortable as they could.

Billy wasn't positive that's what he wanted for himself. At the same time, he looked at those people not with pity for their complacency, but envy. It seemed like the good life by comparison. Those people had their priorities in order. Look after family as best as possible, don't wallow so much.

"It almost strange to have an identity crisis right now, isn't it? I mean--so there's this thing called Maslow's hierarchy of need. Looks like a pyramid and the base is things like shelter, food. The stuff you really need to survive. Next up is Safety, which I guess we mostly have. I don't think I'm about to get hurt right now. Then there's Love and Belonging, then Esteem, then Self-Actualization. And the theory is that you only start worrying about your impact on the world or the purpose of life if you've got all the other levels of the triangle taken care of. So we could be lower on the triangle, I guess." Billy sighed. The base of the pyramid may have been on shaky ground, but it was Love and Belonging he was stuck on.

--------------------

Most likely to die via stray bullet
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Faria Gupta
 Posted: Dec 22 2016, 09:17 AM
Surveillance

5'10" tall
hazel eyes
23 years old
Level Two
telepathy

Her brow crunched as her mind struggled to keep up with his thoughts and words. They were complex, the images too abstract, his ideas too advanced for her broken brain.

Her eyes had dried. Her head should not be on his shoulder. But she wanted it there. Should she want it there? Could she have it there?

It was not a matter of whether she could or not but whether she wanted it to.

Billy's words resounded on her head, their meaning half-lost but their truth somehow still unavoidable.

He was saying it was possible not to want to be normal. Something she had not considered before. Why would she? The others all seemed so much better being normal. But Billy didn't want it either-- was not sure he wanted it either...

And he was in peace with it.

She wanted peace.

"You have..." She struggled to keep the elusive word from escaping her. "Belonging." She finished, stubbornly pushing the subject. "You have Love too."

"You always find a way to have those things, even when you think you don't." The notion was a complex one too but Fay was certain it was true. She had known it before, when she was the other Fay and him the other Billy.

Even with herself in shreds there seemed to be things about Billy she simply knew to be true.
PM
^
Billy Williams
 Posted: Dec 22 2016, 02:11 PM
Surveillance

5'7" tall
blue eyes
24 years old
Level Three

There was something very validating in knowing that in the mix-up of everything, when New Haven turned the smallest acts into confusing disarray, Faria still had such a clear idea of him.

Billy smiled. "I guess it's just easier to see the things that make us different instead of similar." That may have been the simplified root of the problem, in him and in the city. Never seeing the commonalities, just the things that set people apart.

"Don't you think you have those things?" Billy asked. As far as he was concerned, Faria had always had an innate ability to make herself belong. Even among the Strays with whom it seemed she lacked the basic common trait, Faria fought herself a place.

What made that possible? Her confidence? Maybe, but Billy doubted it. It helped, but Faria was not accepted just because she bulldozed her way in. It had to be her compassion and willingness to try to understand. Putting humanity before fear.
PMEmail
^
Faria Gupta
 Posted: Dec 24 2016, 10:50 AM
Surveillance

5'10" tall
hazel eyes
23 years old
Level Two
telepathy

The water had dried over her face, making her skin tense and strange to move. Her eyes felt heavy and--- puffy. Puffy was the word. She felt awkward and she knew, somehow, the way Faria just sometimes seemed to know things lately, that she should feel uncomfortable, that she should hide.

But she didn't want to. Not now, not from Billy. She rather stay and see herself in his mind. A Faria that was gone, but that he still remembered. A Faria she had half-forgotten, but that he seemed to think was still there. Somehow.

Straightening Fay let his shoulder go. She rubbed the back of her hand over her eyes. The image was still there but now she was the one sustaining it.

"I.... don't know," she said at last, after considering his question carefully. "I... Think I'd like to, but..." What if she dared not to want them? "They are--- hard work to have them. I think I'm tired of the work."

Being who she was now had not seemed possible anymore. Being broken was not an option. She had to be a fighter. She had to be normal. But... what if she dared not to be? What if she could find a way to just be broken?
PM
^
Billy Williams
 Posted: Dec 31 2016, 06:06 PM
Surveillance

5'7" tall
blue eyes
24 years old
Level Three

"Which is hard work? The belonging or the love?" Billy asked. Maybe it was too much effort to seek approval from other people, but love was the different. Maybe. Didn't everyone seek to be cared about? At their core?

Billy moved quickly, before he could over-analyze the situation and worry about the contact. He would not hurt her. Not again and definitely not in the same ways he had before.

He twisted, cupping his hand against her cheek and kissing her. Gently. A little to make his head stop trying to make sense of the world. Mostly because he wanted to. And because she usually kissed him first, not the other way around. Billy was never that forward. And he always remembered the stunned happiness of the affirmation that she chose to kiss him when Faria was pretty and charismatic enough to pick anyone else.

He just wanted to feel something that wasn't just broken or obsolete. And not just to relive a memory. Billy kissed the Faria she was now, because she was still someone he recognized and she still recognized him. Not the same, but not separate entities, either.

Letting his hand slip away from her face, Billy second-guessed himself. Maybe it wasn't the right thing to do at all. There was an apology on the tip of his tongue, but he wasn't sure whether or not to use it.
PMEmail
^
Faria Gupta
 Posted: Jan 1 2017, 08:52 PM
Surveillance

5'10" tall
hazel eyes
23 years old
Level Two
telepathy

Faria looked back at him in silence, trying to find a way to answer his question. She wasn't sure she understood it, and what she thought he meant, well... Her head hurt a bit trying to wrap itself around all the abstracts, and maybes, and---

It was all too sudden. Billy leaned forward, she frowned, their lips came together and she... froze. They had once done this often, she remembered it, but in the confusion she thought she had forgotten how. She tensed, her eyes going wide open, flying around in search for an escape before closing tight.

He was thinking of her, she could see herself in her mind. The old Faria first, kissing him under a tree, too happy-- not sober. Then the other Faria, her, just as she was. Sitting with him. Broken. And...

In his eyes she looked pretty. Fay didn't understand. He was not seeing her. That wasn't her. That was...

His lips parted, and she stood fixed for a moment. The image of her in his mind too strong to shove away. She wanted it to go away. She hid her face in her hands, rubbing the heel of her palm into her eyes.

"I'm sorry," she muttered, slightly breathless. "I just..."

Faria took a deep breath. Forced herself through her exercises. She had to take control again.

"Why?" She asked at last, finally able to look back up into his eyes without seeing herself. "Why did you do it?"
PM
^
Billy Williams
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 02:19 AM
Surveillance

5'7" tall
blue eyes
24 years old
Level Three

Wrong choice. Wrong move. Did he think it would be as easy as falling back into habit? Billy's heart twisted unexpectedly. If he took the time to hope for anything, it wasn't that. Not for her to recoil, masking her face behind her hand.

Billy struggled for a straightforward answer, something that made sense. Because she was Faria and they were outside while everyone was inside having a reasonably good time. She was Faria and they were connected in such a way that could not be erased. The bond was knotted and tangled now, twisted around obstacles, but it still existed regardless.

"I'm sorry," he said quickly, ears turning red. He fumbled for some distance, letting her face space. "I shouldn't have."

Was it for the right reasons, anyway? The selfishness led the way, wanting to feel anything but alone. That wasn't exactly awe-inspiring motivation. Billy loved her once. It wasn't that he couldn't love her again, but they had been too separate for too long for that at the moment.

"Maybe... maybe I should go," Billy said, standing up so fast that his vision blurred a moment and he had to reach out to the wall for support.
PMEmail
^
Faria Gupta
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 07:32 AM
Surveillance

5'10" tall
hazel eyes
23 years old
Level Two
telepathy

Still making an effort to keep the images away Faria only caught glimpses this time. A party. A boy and a girl sitting alone. A tight knot. A tangled, twisted, wrong knot. A boy alone. A girl alone, standing so so far away...

Faria's brow crunched down as the cogs in her head tried to put the pieces together. The images weren't... nice, happy, pretty. They were... They were sad. That's what they were.

Was Billy sad? Did this make him sad? What did it make her feel? It was sometimes hard to listen to her own thoughts and emotions when everyone else had so many to share.

The movement beside her startled her. Fay looked up to see Billy on his feet, leaning on the wall. He was... going? She didn't want Billy to go. At least she didn't think... She blinked, trying to understand her jumbled thoughts. She wanted to say something but she didn't know the words she had to say. So she stared, and stared, and stared, as her eyes watered.

She was too confused. She wanted the confusion gone.
PM
^
Billy Williams
 Posted: Jan 3 2017, 06:34 PM
Surveillance

5'7" tall
blue eyes
24 years old
Level Three

Out of habit, Billy vanished. The easy way out, always, was to disappear. When he didn't know what else to do with himself, he simply let himself not exist as he walked away.

Billy reached instinctively for another cigarette, patting his pockets. He wasn't sure how Faria ever put up with that particular habit of his. Instead of going through the muscle memory of tapping out a cigarette, lighting up, he stopped when his fingertips brushed against the fabric of his shirt instead of his gloves.

Visibility washed back over him, revealing the disintegrating gloves, falling apart. He never meant to do it. Surveillance had far more use for his invisibility than it did for him to bend or break anything. No, in Surveillance, the power was nothing but an inconvenience, a reminder that he wasn't in control.

He turned awkwardly back to Faria, unsure what to do, unsure what she felt when she said so little. What did he expect her to say, anyway?

"Could you open the door..." he asked, meek as he waved his hands and shredded gloves, "I bent the door handle last time."
PMEmail
^
Faria Gupta
 Posted: Jan 3 2017, 07:12 PM
Surveillance

5'10" tall
hazel eyes
23 years old
Level Two
telepathy

Faria stared and then she blinked and in an instant Billy was gone. Water ran freely down her cheeks now, as her confusion only grew deeper and scarier.

She could see him thinking. A cigarette. Gloves. Surveillance training. Dust. But he wasn't there and for an instant Fay was suddenly sure she had finally lost her mind. Perhaps she had imagined the entire conversation, told herself this was what she wanted. To be loved and held and kissed again. She really did want all those things, but then... Why had she not kissed him back?

Why was it so hard to understand what was happening inside her head? She had been doing better, so much better than this. She was better than this.

It was Billy. He was too... big. He was exactly what she had needed after stepping out of that party, but he was also many of the things she didn't need right now. She couldn't deal with it all.

Rubbing her eyes, she stood up just as he reappeared. She looked at his hands, then to his face. Billy had been really good at smiling once, but now his face was sullen.

"Can you..." She bit down the words. She wanted something from him but she couldn't decide what. He offered something too complicated but she didn't want to be alone. The possibility of where her mind would go if left alone scared her.

"Can you just stay? Not--- Not doing anything else. Just stay here with me?" She swallowed, lowering her eyes to the floor. "I don't want to be alone."
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG Directory Shadowplay Witches of Dathomir DC Unlimited All Things Roleplay Heroes: The RPG extraordinary Shine Beyond Human (already an aff plsupdate old link & button thanks) Gods Among Insects The Kids Are Alright Crawl Echo House Crusaders Citadel In Light of Shadow of Myth & Men