Weekend Warriors
Weekend Warriors
an original superhuman rpg
Welcome
Hello and welcome to Weekend Warriors. We are an original superhuman roleplaying game. Our focus is on interesting and compelling stories, told with strong and diverse characters. We have been open for three years and are always willing to welcome newcomers to our site.

This site runs best on Google Chrome, and is not tested on IE.
Getting Started
Please register with your character's first and last name, using correct capitalization. Check out our face claims to see who has been used.

New here? Great! Check out our newbie guide. You'll also want to check in about our rules.
We've got site wide plots for our various member groups that you can dive right into.

Need help coming up with a character, check out our resources page, or see our wanted page for wanted characters.

Ready to apply? You'll need the Application.
Credits
Weekend Warriors was originally created by Terri / Dosymedia of RPG-D. Skin by Rosey / WinterSeaSpray of Shine. Color palette From Ashes by winterseaspray of Colour Lovers. Custom forum content was created by Black of Code. All content is the property of the poster. Copying, stealing or using content without the creator's permission is strictly forbidden. Beware the Agency is everywhere.
December 12 - Check out the update for new information!

October 17 - After the riots the other shoe drops.

October 14 - A riot breaks out downtown.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
MUTANT WATCH
CHAT

Add Reply
New Poll

Playing Catch-Up, November 10th, 2015 | Emily
Bobby Hirsch
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 04:27 PM

6'4" tall
brown eyes
20 years old
Level Two
Wave Manipulation
212 posts Written By Christy

There were many tasks Bobby had his fingers in. This particular one he was too prepared for, in part a project he began developing long before the device detonated. Now it proved useful, a project that granted further development and funding.

In theory, the intended use for this particular invention of his, an adaptation from radar guns used by the police, was to aid field agents in eliminating one means out of the city, but Bobby always had the idea in the back of his mind to find Emily.

Whenever there were reports of speedsters, Bobby half-hoped they made it past the walls, figured out a way to run up and over them. Such a report never came. What did he make of that?

He knew his speed gun best, and with it, Bobby tracked roughly what he though was a person, running between people. Maybe the plan he concocted was a shot in the dark, but a shot in the dark was all he had.

Fingers crossed, he left a message with one of the bio soldiers, promising an extra hour of visiting time with his children. There weren't good or bad people, but there were people willing to make choices to serve their own ends. Bobby counted on that as he waited in the location he designated, a store left empty.

And he waited. It was a foolhardy plan, a thing o | f desperation but desperation was a thing Bobby proved over and over again he was not above. Even if it was Emily and she trusted Bobby's plant enough to deliver a message for him, what would stop her from darting out the moment she saw him?

Would he even be given the chance to get a word in? A better question, did he deserve such a chance? Better yet, what would he saw if it was given to him?

For some reason, he doubted apologies would be enough. Not for everything he'd done. There was nothing that could ever erase or make up for all the damage he'd done.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Emily Ashton
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 06:40 PM
Bio Soldier

5'9" tall
blue eyes
20 years old
Level One
Super Speed, Flight
137 posts Written By Mouse

The world had turned upside down. Before Emily would never have considered working for Frederica Conrad, but now? Well, now she had a skill set that could bring people together and she was going to do. Her brothers had both reappeared in her life, looming up and impossibly back to life. Agents. They were agents, and they wanted her to join them, but she wouldn't. She'd rather work for the mob.

Only now working for the mob felt more like an act of rebellion. She wasn't fighting against other people helping her, she was fighting to help other people. And it felt freeing, like running.

When she'd gotten the message to talk to another bios brother, she had agreed to do it simply because it felt like the right thing to do, even if she wasn't working within the framework she had been given by Conrad. What did it matter, Emily wasn't in it for the power. She wanted to help people.

She had to stop by the door to open it, trying to keep quiet as she stepped into the dim interior. Shops these days were just reminders of what had been. She wasn't sure what she was expecting, but the tall figure standing there was not it.

Coming to a stand still, Emily stared at him. Bobby. "What the..." she took a rapid step back, sudden fear taking hold of her. It was a trap.
PM
^
Bobby Hirsch
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 06:57 PM

6'4" tall
brown eyes
20 years old
Level Two
Wave Manipulation

Bobby could be patient, but his patience relied on having something to work on. He could toil for weeks, progress being made incrementally. This kind of waiting did not suit him. Hope had little place in his life. Faith did nothing for him. What Bobby gad, he made for himself. Divine intervention had nothing to do with it.

"Please don't run," Bobby said quickly, "If anyone wanted to catch you officially, they wouldn't send me." Not Bobby, not the unstable boy behind the device. It was not in his job description to go after mutants, especially not by himself. Tricky her was a tactic of a teenaged boy, not an Agent.

He certainly didn't expect her to look happy. This was a training ground, after all. Bobby fully expected Emily to have her hard, determined look set. She was focused. And also afraid. Of him. People thrived on being feared, but it turned his stomach.

Why wouldn't she be afraid? The last time they spoke, he hadn't said anything good. Nothing he said was a comfort.

"I hoped you got out..." Bobby admitted, stock still in case moving spooked her and this trick he pulled would never work again. Why didn't she run while she had the chance?
PM
^
Emily Ashton
 Posted: Feb 20 2016, 01:07 AM
Bio Soldier

5'9" tall
blue eyes
20 years old
Level One
Super Speed, Flight

Run. That was what she was supposed to do. Run away, get away from him, from this. Pat had set this up, to convince her to join the Agency, to stop her from getting hurt, or whatever big brother crap he had been spouting when he'd seen her last. Like he really cared when none of them knew where Jenny was, or their mother and father. Lies and tricks and the end of everything they'd known.

And Emily had thought she'd known Bobby. But it had all been... perverted. He'd turned on them and she couldn't do anything about it except run.

"I'm not running anymore," she snapped. Her hands went up to her hair, pulling the braid over it before she realized what she was doing. The nervous gesture of a child -- the child she had been. "I'm standing where I'm supposed to," she added, and there was a touch of venom that no one would have believed possible for her before. Sweet Emily, the girl who could barely speak and was all awkward angles, wasn't so sweet anymore.

And part of that -- in fact a large part of it -- could be laid at the feet of the boy in front of her.
PM
^
Bobby Hirsch
 Posted: Mar 9 2016, 12:14 AM

6'4" tall
brown eyes
20 years old
Level Two
Wave Manipulation

They were supposed to be on the same side, but the only reason he thought that was because it stung to think they wouldn't be. It had nothing to do with views or opinions or what they had and hadn't lost in the last couple of years, but Bobby only hated that he watched her from the other side of a line drawn in the sand.

He deserved her venom. The bite of it only showed on his face in tiny twitches, the quick clenching of his jaw. Maybe this wasn't a terribly good idea, though Bobby had forgotten how to categorize ideas now. Was device to distribute a chemical agent into the air a good idea or a bad one? It worked, so in one sense... and on the other hand, it worked.

"Of course. You came because someone asked for a favor and you wanted to help, right?" no mocking in his tone. That wasn't what Bobby came for. He couldn't expect Emily not to be sharp, cutting, not after what he said to her at the party.

It was... the word he wanted to use was admirable, but that wasn't it. It didn't serve her at all to want to good by other people, to help them. It took something to want to do that now. From a strictly self-preserving perspective, it was practically idiotic.

But Emily stood for more than Bobby ever did.

"I heard... rumors," he said, unsure about every word he picked out, "I wanted to see for myself. And to see you."
PM
^
Emily Ashton
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 03:49 PM
Bio Soldier

5'9" tall
blue eyes
20 years old
Level One
Super Speed, Flight

Emily crossed her arms over her chest. Rumors weren't good. Rumors meant people had been talking about her, and it could lead to trouble. The rest...

She didn't know what to say. He wanted to see her? For what? He'd made it very clear last time they had spoken which side he stood on, and Emily didn't have anything more to say on the subject. Let him stand with the Agency, let him fall with it.

But...

She'd had daydreams, and little ideas and desires that for a while she'd thought Bobby might fulfill. He was still so tall, and she liked that. She liked that he was taller than her. She shook herself, she wasn't a child anymore, willing to be lead around on a string of lies.

"Why?" she asked, frowning. "I think you've made it very clear that we're... nothing to each other."
PM
^
Bobby Hirsch
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 10:44 PM

6'4" tall
brown eyes
20 years old
Level Two
Wave Manipulation

Bobby swallowed, searching for his rationale. He under-planned. The curiosity of seeing Emily at work outweighed the logic of his plot. It ended at seeing her. What came after was left to chance.

"I thought it would be easier if you hated me." She had every right to hate him. All of New Haven had an entirely legitimate reason to hate him with every fiber of their being. They did, most likely, without knowing his face. For the part he played in the New Haven they came to know.

"You should, really. But I don't—I don't." Bobby struggled for the words. Emily used to be easier. There were so few people he found easy to talk to. Post-military camp, Bobby could count people he talked to on one hand. Ash and Elliot, though they took care of different departments and Bobby didn't see them as often as he once did. Constance and Max, who he saw more frequently.

They were different. They only knew Bobby as the post-Vault turncoat. Emily remembered Bobby as something different, even if his newer identity overwhelmed the comparative simplicity of being his father's apprentice.
PM
^
Emily Ashton
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 02:35 AM
Bio Soldier

5'9" tall
blue eyes
20 years old
Level One
Super Speed, Flight

In so many ways Emily was still a child. She had been forced out of the nest too early, and it had left her battling with things she didn't know how to handle. People thought she was weird and intense, and Bobby... hadn't. That was what had been so nice about spending time with him. She hadn't felt like she was weird around him.

Now all she was was elbows and awkward angles and not knowing what to say because what was there to say? You abandoned us to this fate? Except all she could think, now, was that he was the one that was alone. She had the Strays still, a place she had carved out for herself, and what did he have? Enemies at his back and his front.

She stared at him. "You don't what?" she asked, her voice less harsh, less sure of herself now. "You don't want me to?" Was that the right question. She moved, suddenly, and in a blink was in front of him, still looking up at him because he was so tall. "What do you want?" she asked, but it wasn't angry, it was curious, unsure. Her hands were tugging at her braid without her realizing it.

Old habits died hard.
PM
^
Bobby Hirsch
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 03:17 PM

6'4" tall
brown eyes
20 years old
Level Two
Wave Manipulation

It was odd to feel so intimidated. Bobby made a point to trust that his abilities stood for something within the Agency. He was a part of something and to the best of his abilities, he didn't let others intimidate him. And there was Emily. And it was different.

"Yes. I wish I didn't give you reasons to." It wasn't forgiveness he wanted. Was it too late for that? What he'd done did not deserve forgiveness. He wanted an opportunity to prove that he was more complex than just an Agency puppet. He did not exist without doubt, without remorse for people he called friends.

Bobby almost flinched. She moved so quickly, only reminding him that she could leave at any moment. There was nothing physical he could do to stop her. On the other hand, that very much meant that she stayed by choice, for a reason.

What did he want? The answer was simple, and uncharacteristically un-thought out. "I wanted to see you." Because she always made sense to Bobby in a way that people rarely did.

It was just that he could rarely make sense of his feelings about her.
PM
^
Emily Ashton
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 05:56 PM
Bio Soldier

5'9" tall
blue eyes
20 years old
Level One
Super Speed, Flight

Why? That was the question. Did he think she was going to just do whatever he said? Did he think she was that stupid? She felt like she was too close to him again and needed to back up, needed to get away from him. But she couldn't back down from this -- couldn't, or wouldn't. The idea of leaving now was almost too much for her pride.

"You already said that," Emily said, and there was an edge to her voice now. He wanted to see her. Fine. She was here, she was seen. Now she should go. She should escape him and everything he made her feel and wonder about. She took a breath.

"Why do you want to see me? What's the point?" She shifted her feet, slightly, feeling confused and unsure of herself again. Like she always ended up doing when Bobby was around. Because Emily wasn't good at these things. What did he want from her? Forgiveness?

She wasn't giving him that, that was for sure.
PM
^
Bobby Hirsch
 Posted: Dec 31 2016, 08:29 PM

6'4" tall
brown eyes
20 years old
Level Two
Wave Manipulation

His fingers itched for something to fidget with, but he'd brought no such thing. It was so much easier to hold a conversation over a project he was working on. He had something to look at and something to do with his hands.

"I--yes, I did." Bobby inhaled sharply, collecting himself. Surely he had some intention beyond this. He, of all people, required proper motivation. "Because I do miss things about... before, even when I try not to."

He was the boy who made created the device that made New Haven what it was. What it became. That was something he could never tell Emily, but it weighed heavy when he saw what it did to people he knew who didn't deserve their fate. What reason could he possibly give her to stay, to talk to her.

What reason could he possibly give her to see her again?

"You deliver messages... but you can't take them outside the bio soldiers, can you?" Bobby said steadily. "I can. I go everywhere. I see children. I see surveillance. I can pass things along. I've seen Luke. He's doing well. He misses his dad."

Of course Luke was doing well. Bobby made sure of it. He made sure the Agency knew that Luke was an asset to be cared for. He was smart and Bobby played a role in separating the boy from his family and that was something he felt the need to amend.
PM
^
Emily Ashton
 Posted: Jan 3 2017, 01:03 AM
Bio Soldier

5'9" tall
blue eyes
20 years old
Level One
Super Speed, Flight

Emily narrowed her eyes. What on earth was Bobby talking about? Getting messages to other parts of town was dangerous and next to impossible, and Emily certainly couldn't go looking for any of the kids. She wasn't sure what, exactly, Bobby thought he was going to achieve by telling her this -- was this a trap? Or was he telling the truth?

She had no reason to believe he was telling the truth. He was probably telling her this so she'd bring the information back and it would somehow calm everyone down. Oh don't worry, the world is ending but at least Luke is doing well. Emily couldn't tell Eddie that, not when he was so wound up about it.

"You can't just turn on us, and then expect us to accept your help," Emily said, frowning at him. "I'm not trusting you with anything that's for sure. You're agency now, and that's it." She felt more confident in saying it than in knowing it to be true though. If Bobby really meant to help... she'd take it. There weren't enough friends in her life to really be pushing away anyone else.

Still, she had to push a little -- he'd already broken with them once.
PM
^
Bobby Hirsch
 Posted: Mar 5 2017, 03:01 AM

6'4" tall
brown eyes
20 years old
Level Two
Wave Manipulation

She didn't believe him, not for a second. Why would she? He had a badge and a number. A representative of them in an us vs. them scenario.

"I--I won't make you." Did he expect anything different, honestly? What did Bobby hope for? He stepped back, unsure what to do with his hands. Maybe if he balled them into fists or tugged at a loose thread.

Bobby couldn't fix anything, or undo the things he'd done. This just seemed like one small step to making the horrible a little less horrible. There was more to it than redeeming himself.

"I've said a lot of things to you that I didn't mean." A fact that he wasn't really sure what to do with. Feelings he wasn't sure what to do with, or obviously how to deal with them.

Which, logically, was not an excellent reason to seek her out. There were punishments for bio soldiers, conditioning and disciplinary measures. There was discipline for out of line agents, too. If anyone higher up knew what he was doing, who he was meeting. would they send him right back to the Vault?
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG Directory Shadowplay Witches of Dathomir DC Unlimited All Things Roleplay Heroes: The RPG extraordinary Shine Beyond Human (already an aff plsupdate old link & button thanks) Gods Among Insects The Kids Are Alright Crawl Echo House Crusaders Citadel In Light of Shadow of Myth & Men