Weekend Warriors
Weekend Warriors
an original superhuman rpg
Welcome
Hello and welcome to Weekend Warriors. We are an original superhuman roleplaying game. Our focus is on interesting and compelling stories, told with strong and diverse characters. We have been open for three years and are always willing to welcome newcomers to our site.

This site runs best on Google Chrome, and is not tested on IE.
Getting Started
Please register with your character's first and last name, using correct capitalization. Check out our face claims to see who has been used.

New here? Great! Check out our newbie guide. You'll also want to check in about our rules.
We've got site wide plots for our various member groups that you can dive right into.

Need help coming up with a character, check out our resources page, or see our wanted page for wanted characters.

Ready to apply? You'll need the Application.
Credits
Weekend Warriors was originally created by Terri / Dosymedia of RPG-D. Skin by Rosey / WinterSeaSpray of Shine. Color palette From Ashes by winterseaspray of Colour Lovers. Custom forum content was created by Black of Code. All content is the property of the poster. Copying, stealing or using content without the creator's permission is strictly forbidden. Beware the Agency is everywhere.
December 12 - Check out the update for new information!

October 17 - After the riots the other shoe drops.

October 14 - A riot breaks out downtown.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
MUTANT WATCH
CHAT

Add Reply
New Poll

We'll never be more than a few hours from home, 32 | Fugitive | Wanted
Ernesto Santamaría
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 11:59 PM

6'3" tall
black eyes
N/A years old
Level Seven
Astral Projection | Portal Creation | Snatching
17 posts Written By Paula

user posted image
Ernesto ”Sandman” Santamaría
Fugitive - 32 / February 25th, 1984 - wanted

background
    >> [BIO]
    >> While technically a New Yorker, Ernie grew up in New Haven and the city has always been the place he calls home. If you're a Downtown regular, or if you've ever visited The Cosmic Box, you're bound to have run into him. Which doesn't mean you're friends with him.
    >> Ernesto isn't memorable. He's nice and easy going, always with a smile at the ready, but he tries to be as forgettable as possible. He's a man of few words and fewer friends, but many many acquaintances.
    >> Being one of the youngest Reapers in Reaper history, he's been around forever, first as a hopeful recruit, then as an experienced fighter, finally as Pandora's right hand. Ernie trusts Reapers above all, so if you've got one they're likely to dig each other.
    >> Ernesto spent nearly five years on the road touring the country with a magic street art show. If your character's a nomad or was anywhere outside NH between 2004-2009 then they might have run into each other.
    >> Last but not least, Reapers have always come first in Ernesto's life but he's found a way to sneak in some partying and some romance into the mix. I couldn't think of any reasonable IC past romances for him, but if you're interested hit me up.
plot ideas
    >> Ernie is once again on the road, this time acting as Naomi's bodyguard. Wanted characters would obviously be easier to interact with.
    >> His Snatching ability is still a bit on the fritz. It's not 100% out of control, but he might jump into someone else's body from time to time, specially when asleep or particularly tired. If you're one of Ernie's friends and you'd like the get a visit, well... We can make it work.
    >> I wrote him mostly as a backburner character, so I'm not too troubled about the build up. Regardless, if you wanna play some past threads for funsies' sake, let me know and we'll figure it out.
PM
^
Mia Coldwell
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 06:13 AM

5'5" tall
brown eyes
32 years old
Level Eleven
necrotic empowerment, negative pushing, death tally
1107 posts Written By Dany

Mia's obviously the easier choice since she's wanted and they've already been in contact after the NH lockdown, so I'm starting with her.

(Also, just to recap the time we spent puppeteering Ernesto: Ernesto&Naomi meet with Mia&Lucy on Oct 30 in Las Vegas, on Oct 31 they break into the LV BCA branch. They manage to steal a large amount of files, mostly consisting of an extensive Agents database, financial records and budget plans. Just a few days after the two groups separate again to make it harder for the BCA to track them. It's likely they also split up some work between them -- perhaps they both visit Agency outposts to disable some of the heavier weaponry? We haven't discussed this part in detail, but the idea was that the two groups plan to meet again sometime later, say, with hold ups and what not, sometime in December.)

I'm not sure how Ernesto feels about Mia now, but I figure they got along well enough when they were both Reapers. It seems like Mia joined the Reapers around the time (give or take) Ernesto got back from touring the country with his magic street art show, so it looks like he's known her since her "baby Reaper" years :P

Nowadays, I imagine Mia's weary of him mostly due to his connection to Pandora, but nowhere near openly hostile because four against the world is better than two. Either way, they only have a couple of days together after the LV break in before they split up again, so we could do something in that timeframe, see how they play off each other, or we could wait for their reunion in December/whenever. I'm totally interested in doing something, I just can't tell yet how Ernesto would handle Mia and Naomi's decision to trust her.

--------------------
user posted image

What's the matter, daddy? Come on, save my soul.

Officially goes by the name Vivian Jones; other aliases may be used on occasion.
PM
^
Ernesto Santamaría
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 07:01 AM

6'3" tall
black eyes
N/A years old
Level Seven

Hullo, hullo!

Alright, let's see. First, did you girls finish that scene where Mia and Naomi are going over blueprints and whatnot? I think I remember him being around, if you want I can join, if not you can continue to NPC him.

Second, Ernesto is a more cheerful Clive of sorts, so I figure him and Mia would have got along pretty well. They could have been n00bs together. Ernesto spent most of his life trying to get away from his mother's influence, so at the time making closer friends with Harold's people would have made sense. That would have ended after Harold's death, so there might have been some tension then that they might have not fully worked out yet. He wouldn't oppose to joining forces tho, he's a Machiavellian first and foremost, and he understand the need for allies.

Should we do a thread after Vegas? I'd like to play them off each other alone to figure out where they stand before a group thread. If they're on the road and neither can sleep they could have a chat, or something like that.

Third, how do you think Henry and him would have got along? I feel they dealt with similar issues, torn between being Reapers and not really wanting to be so. If they were close enough Ernesto might drop in for an accidental visit.
PM
^
Mia Coldwell
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 02:28 PM

5'5" tall
brown eyes
32 years old
Level Eleven

1. No, we haven't finished it. I was considering closing it with my next Mia post, since the thread was supposed to lead up to the break-in -- but that was before we decided we weren't going to write the break in and instead try to focus more on later plot points. (Mainly due to not wanting to be stuck at the end of October forever, really.) Maybe we can find a more interesting group thread for them?

2. Good. Mia was definitely fond of Clive, so I imagine she viewed Ernesto with a similar fondness. Plus, she likes cheerful quiet people, and especially would have appreciated them as a n00b herself. Regarding after Harold's death, well, Mia was pretty supportive of Pandora during that time, though it was the time she spent withdrawing a little from the Reapers in general, so it makes sense if they lost sight of each other for a little while. I'm thinking that if there are any hard feelings on Mia's side, then it's probably because the Agency did well to put them there.

I'm cool with doing a one on one thread after Vegas. Mia's going to be sick, so she's probably going to skulk around the place, feverish and grumpy. I'd say it's the perfect opportunity to try them out. If that works for you, I could start something up!

3. Henry probably would have talked quite a bit to Ernesto, especially given the fact that he used to like Pandora a lot. I'm not sure, maybe Henry was a little overwhelming for Ernesto in the earlier days? He can be a bit much if he gets excited. But I think that after Henry quit the Reapers and then came back to them again, things could have definitely developed into a more mature "kinship" between them. Henry might have been more open about what he thinks of Pandora and the Reapers too at that point, sometimes perhaps uncomfortably so.

Not sure how Ernesto would drop in for a visit though, unless they're already in NH somehow? :/ I figured teleporting in and out isn't possible, due to the shield preventing it or something. I just know Lucy can't get in via her usual means. Not sure if the same applies to Ernesto or not.
PM
^
Ernesto Santamaría
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 06:29 PM

6'3" tall
black eyes
N/A years old
Level Seven

1. Cool! You figure out how many hard feelings she had foe him and we'll take it from there.
2. Go for it!
3. I love Ernie/Henry already. Ernesto is good at keepinf cool even while annoyed. Henry would have been easier to bare than Panda, I'm sure. And Ernesto would have appreciated him being open about Panda when few people were.
What I meant by "visit" is Ernesto could snatch Henry's body, he does it by accident at times. Sinxe he travels the astral plane I don't think the agency would be able to stop him. He wouldn't be able to stay anyway.
PM
^
Henry Goodwin
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 03:16 AM
Bio Soldier

6' tall
blue eyes
27 years old
Level Four
ghost form, self-molecular manipulation, self replication
384 posts Written By Dany

Ah, whoops, sorry, I thought you were talking about portals! I'm totally cool with letting Ernesto snatch Henry's body accidentally. :)

Edit: I'm dumb. I just realized if Ernesto snatches Henry's body while Henry's talking to Casper, his clone, then they could actually have a conversation, right?!

--------------------
PM
^
Ernesto Santamaría
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 09:28 AM

6'3" tall
black eyes
N/A years old
Level Seven

That could be one way to do it, I hadn't thought of that. Mostly Ernesto snatches the body but coexists with its owner in an astral mumbojumbo-wibblywobbly sense, so it could be a weird (hopefully funny) thread were they both coexist inside Henry's body? I figured it wouldn't be the first time it happened to Henry so he'd know how to handle it.

Either way is fine! Or both! Should I start? Or would you rather I started Ernie/Mia?
PM
^
Mia Coldwell
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 10:09 AM

5'5" tall
brown eyes
32 years old
Level Eleven

Someone thinks they're witty.

Mia/Ernie for you!

You could totally start something with Henry, if you'd like smile.gif
PM
^
Mireille Giroux
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 11:34 PM
Bio Soldier

5'1" tall
Brown eyes
31 years old
LEVEL FIVE
+, Intangibility, Reflective Teleportation
339 posts Written By Mori

*Makes grabby hands at the new character*
I love seeing new folks. <3

Aaanyway, just gonna' throw some folks out there.

Miri - Fellow Reapers! Granted, Miri did come into things on the late side of things, and he probably wasn't the Reaper she went to for training or help, but they were probably friendly since they were on the same side? Maybe she also sought him out for some help or advice once her new power came in?

Regan - Reaper spy, plus she did stop by Pandora's shop at least once, but I can't imagine Ernesto would have been very talkative. Still, there'a connection there if you wanted one.

Max - I'm just going to throw out that I think these two have interesting powers, and would probably get frustrated trying to fight each other. Max is actually a little terrified of his powers, honestly, but y'know... whether we'll ever have them meet one day is a bit of a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Anyway, that's what I got, and I'm sorry it's kind of piddly, but if you want anything, just lemme know. I'm in a "oh god, I'm coming out of rp hibernation" season, but I'm hoping to be around a bit more. XD

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailGTalk
^
Ernesto Santamaría
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 06:57 AM

6'3" tall
black eyes
N/A years old
Level Seven

I love me some new characters too!

Okay, let's see. I'd loooove to try out Max and Ernie. He's more of a physical fighter, but I agree they have a strange combo of powers and an interaction between them would be interesting. I suppose a past thread could be doable, but probably boring. What if they run into each other on a more abstract sense? Ernesto has been prodding the city's defences with care using his astral projection, do you think Max would be able to sense him and try to fight him there? He's no psychic so she wouldn't be able to block him, but her telepathy and mental manipulation might have some impact. Could be interesting...

I think Miri and him would have got along well enough. It's true she came in towards the end, but they were all living at the Majestic so they had a lot of time in their hands to get to know each other. Ernie wouldn't have minded helping her with her power, and his company might have been nice what with the quietness and easy going manners? Dunno. He's also a big friend of Henry's so there's that. Anyway, I'm sure they got along, not sure how they'd run into each other now tho. It might have to wait. :/

Finally, as far as Regan goes, I think in another time at another place they would have been a funny duo to play, Ernie would have been very amused by all her pop references and would have even tried to play along. But I don't think they interacted enough that one time she went to the shop and while he might have known Panda's plans for her I doubt he'd seek her out now. Bigger fish to fry and whatnot. We might be able to put something together if they ever break out of the Vault.
PM
^
Maxine Price
 Posted: Oct 2 2016, 07:25 PM

5'7" tall
Hazel eyes
29 years old
Level Seven
Psychic Shield, Telepathy, Mental Manipulation
31 posts Written By Mori

ALL the new characters! *Pets them*

Max & Ernesto
Hahaha. I'm down for an abstract current thread. I think Max could definitely sense him, be a little curious as to what is going on, but probably wouldn't have too much up her sleeve to combat him with. It's not like she can physically... bring him in or anything, so it'd probably just be a lot of discussion more than anything. As to whether she'd try to rewrite his mind to bring him in? Probably not, although I could see her modifying his mind enough to keep him away for a little while, which... given her power effects tend to decay? He'd probably still come around later.

But who knows! I think they'd still be really interesting to thread.

Miri & Ernesto
Yeaaah, things here would probably have to wait. I think Miri probably wouldn't have minded him and would have liked him as a fellow-Reaper, and the fact that he's friends with Henry helps, but I don't see them being too, too terribly close.

Regan & Ernesto
She might have to make some Fantastic Four jokes when/if she ever gets out of the Vault. ALL the comic book references, but I agree. Bigger fish at the moment.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ernesto Santamaría
 Posted: Oct 3 2016, 06:33 AM

6'3" tall
black eyes
N/A years old
Level Seven

Hahaha, omg, Regan. You know there's tons she can mock him with: "oh, you look like Apollo Creed's kid! Is that you, Falme On?" etc. etc. etc.

ANYWAY, should we try Max/Ernie then? Should I start or should you?
PM
^
Maxine Price
 Posted: Oct 3 2016, 10:03 PM

5'7" tall
Hazel eyes
29 years old
Level Seven
31 posts Written By Mori

Shhhhh! Don't wake the sleeping nerd with tempting references!

Max/Ernie sounds great. I'll see if I can get something up soonish.
PM
^
Maxine Price
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 03:18 PM

5'7" tall
Hazel eyes
29 years old
Level Seven
31 posts Written By Mori

Show me a signpost for where I should go

Soonish, I said.
Good job, past me, you horrible unintentional-liar.
Anyway, this is uber late, and I apologize.
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG Directory Shadowplay Witches of Dathomir DC Unlimited All Things Roleplay Heroes: The RPG extraordinary Shine Beyond Human (already an aff plsupdate old link & button thanks) Gods Among Insects The Kids Are Alright Crawl Echo House Crusaders Citadel In Light of Shadow of Myth & Men